Raise ‘n Rescue is a Cape Town based organisation that rehomes, rescues and does outreach work while educating people about animal care in the community. Our focus areas are the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town i.e. Bellville, Kraaifontein and Kuils Rivier.
We are a FOSTER HOME based organisation and do not have a shelter, so all our rescues are housed in private homes. We all work during office hours so we can only attend to calls and rescues after hours.
Our rescue stories, information on animals up for adoption as well as information about FeLV and FIV is shared on our Facebook page Raise ‘n Rescue . We have a fundraising page, Auctions 4 Charity where we aim to raise funds to assist with welfare costs.
We will help rehome those rescued and raised by the many who care enough to sacrifice their time and efforts to help the needy animals. Our fundraising initiatives as well as foster sponsorships assist us to give them the best possible start at a new life.
We have started with a few private rescue animals and we have sucessfully rehabilitated, rehomed hundreds to date.
Our aim is to build a relationship with people and other organisations in order to get good homes for our foster animals as well as aim to assist with education where possible. We always consider the needs of our foster animlals first, so all adoption applications will be viewed with this priority in mind. All applications will be treated equally and fair.
Our rehoming policy is as follows:
* All moms of kittens, individual adult cats or random kittens in orphan litters of kittens are tested for Feline Leukaeima (FeLV) and Feline Aids (FIV) and if negative they will receive a non-core FeLV vaccination together with standard vaccinations.
* Upon receipt of an application form, a home visit will be arranged and the potential adopter can meet the pet. An adoption can then be finalised upon receipt of the adoption fee.
* Our rescues are not to be “sold”
* Our rescues are not to be adopted as gifts for anyone or to dependents where parents should be responsible for the financial care of the pet
* The use of welfare veterinary services like SPCA is not supported, due to welfare organisations overflowed with real welfare cases and and adopter should be able to finance for their own pet’s care through private vet care.
* Our adoption fee is not negotiable as it includes deworming to date, flea treatment, vaccinations to date, testing for FeLV and FIV, vaccinations for FeLV to date, microchipping and steriliation. Cats that test positive for FeLV / FIV do not get rehomed. An adoption fee is a commitment fee, and will in most cases never cover the full costs incurred for the animal’s care prior to adoption.
We cannot save them all, but the ones we do save, stay our responsibility until they find a good home. This is our choice and our commitment to them.Help us share and care to raise and rescue. Our rescue efforts use the services of 5 veterinary practices around Bellville, Kuilsrivier, etc.